About Lifeline For Hope
Lifeline for Hope exists to resources services to at risk individuals to reduce national attempts and deaths by suicide. We assist by paying for life triggers of our beneficiaries: food, shelter, clothing, medical and mental health care so they can focus on healing.
- Suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in the US
- In 2017 47,173 Americans died by Suicide
- In 2017, there were an estimated 1,400,000 suicide attempts
- In 2015, suicide and self-injury cost the US $69 billion.
- On average, there are 129 suicides per day.
- Suicide is the 8th leading cause of death in Oregon.
- On average, one person dies by suicide every 11 hours in the state.
- More than six times as many people died by suicide in Oregon in 2017 than in alcohol related motor vehicle accidents.